CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

reading response on ''chicken soup for the girls soul''

For the last couple of weeks mum and I have been reading a book called''chicken soup for the girls soul''. I know what you are thinking''are they recipes for girls or is it just a fancy title?'' Well, it is just a fancy title. It is a very good book because it helps all the girls that read this book to understand life as they get older. This book is interesting because it has real storys that girls have written and published and put in a book. There are chapters that say what these girls have written about(for example ''friends and bffs''is one chapter). There are some sad storys and some good storys and some can even make you cry!!But it all teaches you a lesson. You will find that about a quarter of them is about there mums being right about friends and stuff. This book is for tweens(grade 5-9)and all of it is written by tweens. I recomend this book for girls that want a bright future.

3 comments:

prep red said...

I agree that it is a great book. I have not read this one but I have read "Chicken soup for the soul" which was probably one of the first written. I think everyone should read these kind of books because it helps you to realise that others feel the same as you.
Mrs R

Anonymous said...

I think chicken soup for the girls soul sounds like a good book,very funny,Is it a libary book?

my blog is www.lizzy99.blogspot.com


ELIZABETH:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hallie
Yes you were right I was thinking if it was a recipe for girls but obviously not.
I haven't read this book but I think I should.
I think it is great that you read with your mum it must be fun.
I am sure in a few weeks time you will see me reading that book.
Keep up the good work
Love maddie
P.s Please leave a comment on my blog.